Tuesday, June 3, 2008

True Story

I live in an Amish community. I have worked for them extensively in the past. I am more familiar with them than I really care to be. But, some of the things they do are hilarious!

This past week, an Amish fellow, 36 years old, with 12 children (!), was admitted to the Stress Center near our home. Part of his treatment was group therapy.

During one group session, the counselor asked everyone in the group to draw a picture of themselves. Then they were to draw a picture of their "support system."

The Amish man drew a picture of himself...sitting on his horse. His "support system."

The counselor asked him where his family was. He said, "In the house."

Now we know why he is in the Stress Center.

3 comments:

Jonathan Walden said...

Just wondering if you are taking group therapy as well?!?!

John Myers said...

Ummm, that would be a No!

Me? I am well rounded. Very well rounded.


Too well rounded, if you get my drift.

Michelle said...

Ha - we get your drift...

soccermom