Thursday, June 5, 2008

Church Camps

I love going to church camp. I love the atmosphere, I like the idea of shutting out the world for a few days. I like almost every thing about church camp.

My first camp of the summer starts this coming Monday. Adams County Holiness Association's annual camp meeting. For the past several years, I have been the President of this camp.

Our speaker this year will be Rev David Fulton. Our singers will be the Tim Cole Family. Looking forward to this.

That camp ends on Fathers Day, (Hint, hint ladies!) June, 15th.

The very next day, on Monday the 16th, our Youth Camp starts at Central Friends Campground near Muncie, IN. The speaker for this camp will be Mark Avery, the Editor at Harold and Banner Press in Overland Park, KS. Mark also happens to be my wife's uncle.

I am on the Youth Camp Committee, so even at the ripe old age of 38, I still get to go to Youth Camp.

Youth Camp ends on Friday that week, and the very next night, my wife's cousin gets married in Zanesville.

Then, July 25th, Central Friends Camp starts.

Whew, I am tired just thinking about all of that!

Please share what camps you all will be attending.

6 comments:

Leah said...

None - there, how is that?!?! ANy chance you will live stream the services at the camp where my wonderful husband is preaching?!?!

John Myers said...

Sorry, I do not have that capability at this camp. I wish I did.

I suppose he could call you and leave his cell on the pulpit so you could hear him! :)

Karen Walden said...

None here either unless we make it to Pilgrim camp one weekend...or Jefferson County camp that starts tonight near Scottsburg, In, (The Pres attends our church so we try to support it. By the way, the tabernacle is air-conditioned!)

That Muncie campground will always hold a special place in my heart...that's where I finally convenced Jonathan to like me! Ha!

Anonymous said...

Hey Karen & John:

This is like Deja Vu all over again. . . Adams County Camp, John is the second camp I sang at when I joined quartet at GBS, and Jefferson County Camp (Don Shearer was the pres then)was the very first camp I ever sang in.

BTW, I love campmeeting, and next weekend am taking the wife and kids to our Pilgrim Camp for Youth Camp thru the main camp. I have to work, so I'll only be able to make it to the last week-end of our camp.

One side note John:
While I dearly LOVE camp, why don't some of our people quit acting like we're all poor as job's turkey and invest in A/C? I mean, C'mon, the days of the funeral home fans are over! I can understand that some of the smaller camps can't afford it, just so they don't criticize me for not attending! :-)

Karen Walden said...

Dan...

Don Shearer is still the President of that camp!!! :)

I agree with you on them needing A/C. I don't tolerate the heat nearly as well as I did years ago at youth camps! We are going to "try" to get to Pilgrim camp this year one weekend. I was glad to hear tonight that the tabernacle there has A/C...

Brandon Miller said...

Wimps. A/C who needs it. Not at the FRIENDS CAMP. Youth camp is a week away (yes). You old people and a/c. HMmmmm God made sweat for a reason.