Monday, June 23, 2008

Central Friends Youth Camp

I love youth camp. And, I love the fact that at 38 years old, I still get to go to youth camp. How cool is that?

I love to see teens grow spiritually. And that happens a lot as a result of Youth Camp.

This year, we had around 70 teens. That is quite a lot for a staff of 11. Beyond the 70 or so, we also had a dozen or so Bible College students that were absolutely invaluable.

Let me say something about those students. I was and am impressed. Very impressed.

No griping about doing dishes.

No complaints about the rooms.

Not a slacker in the bunch.

Prayed with our kids.

Gave good advice to our kids.

Were great all around examples to our kids.

And, yes, I have already sent one e-mail to a Bible College President, and am going to send more. I think that they should know when their students do them proud, not just when one of them happens to mess up.

And then, there was our evangelist, Rev Mark Avery. He is from Overland Park, KS. Bro Mark spoke to our kids on some very serious subjects, and got into those subjects very deeply. He did it in such a way that any kid who wanted to, understood it.

In the last service of our camp, Bro Mark spoke as clearly and correctly about Holiness as I have ever heard it preached. After the message, kids flooded to the altar. Several testified to being sanctified.

And this 38 year old who still gets to go to Youth Camp stood on the platform with tears in his eyes as one young person after another put down spiritual roots.

I love Youth Camp.

Can't wait till next year.

1 comment:

Brandon Miller said...

John, camp was amazing. I thank God for sancitfing me that night. God has helped me and blessed me since then. We had a great great service on Sunday morning. The teens took over the service we testified 3-4 times each. We prayed and we sang. Bro. M. Williams didnt get to preach but service was awesome.

Nathan Covert is my Sunday school teacher. He testifyed and well it was about that morning in Sunday school. He asked us what we want in our futer and we all said when we leave UBC all four of us said that. We wanted to be affective preachers. Then he asked up if we could have 3 wishs what would they be. We all answered have a good chiristian wife, be and effective preacher that is understood and trusted and. At the bottom the the list was a car. That was to much supprice to him.

During the service that night Nick and Andy Reese's mom testifyed that Nick and Andy and Chris "Cleaned house" they threw out all the bad things. Well I went home so encouraged that I through out killing and violent dvd's and shorts and thats about all I had.

I am so encouraged. God is helping all of us. We have now started a Church quartet called Mending Soul's Quartet. We are singing I think next Sunday Morning. So I am encouraged.