Friday, August 22, 2008

Reading the Bible, Part 2

Two posts ago, I asked how long one could go with out reading their Bible and still be a Christian. The few responses that were posted all said basically the same thing. You MUST be in the Word to be a Christian.

I agree, of course. I am in the Word more now than at any time in my life. I fully realize how much I need it.

In regards to the person in question, the one who does not read the Bible at all, I have some observations.

1. The fact that this person does not read the Bible reveals it's self in that person's daily life. The person is almost always irritable. Sometimes hard to get along with. Makes poor decisions in other area's of life.

2. If their Bible reading is lacking, most likely their prayer life is lacking as well.

3. This person's relationship with their spouse is no better than their relationship with the Lord.

4. There is very little joy in this person's life.

And the list could continue.

Sad.

I wonder how many people that sit in any given church on any given Sunday morning would be guilty of not reading the Word.

No comments: