Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A CD I cannot wait to hear...

...but not for the reasons you might imagine.

In the new Singing News, there is a note that the Talley Trio has a new CD coming out. I like the group, and think they have a good sound.

On this new CD, I see that there is a song entitled, "Hallelujah, Praise the Lamb." I am assuming that this is the same song the Talley's recorded many years ago.

I am very interested in hearing this version, for a specific reason.

I loved the original version of this song off of a Talley's cd in the mid 90's. Great singing.

But, better than that was the version that was recorded live with the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir in the late 90's. If you have heard this version, you would know what I am talking about. If you have never heard it, you really need to find someone who has it and borrow it. It will give you goose bumps and make your hair tingle all at the same time. All while the tears flow. It is truly amazing.

So, with how I feel about the first two versions of this song, I am wondering how they have changed or updated the arrangement. Obviously, with the third part being Lauren as opposed to Kirk, the song is going to have a bit of a different dynamic to it. Not better or worse, just different. I also wonder if there is a "Choir" element to the new recording. If there are only three voices, I think it would pale in comparison to being backed up by a 200+ member choir.

I really do not think they will be able to top the version with BTC. I mean, you have the Talley's backed up by the most awesome choir on earth. What more could you ask for?

4 comments:

Jody J said...

Wow! That's something I definitely want to hear. I've always been a big Talleys fan. It is kind of risky to do that song again. How could you improve on that? Let me know what you think when you hear it. You'll probably hear it before me.

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard it on the new CD John, but I did see it on one of the Gaither Vids, and if it's anything like what I saw & heard, they have a looonnnngggg way to go, to beat the old "Talleys"!

I am a HUGE Talleys fan, and I really miss their style! Some of my faves were:
1. Magnify Him
2. Work of Heart
3. Typical Day
4. Triumphantly, The Church
5. Yes, Lord Yes
6. It runs in the family
7. There is a Saviour
8. He is here

I could go on & on!

John Myers said...

Dan, I know every one oof those songs. I love that music!!!

There was something magical about the concerts "back then."

I know, I know, that makes me sound really old, but I am coming to grips with that!

Brandon Miller said...

The Best three songs the Talleys did were

1. Gimmie Gimmie Take Take World
2. Typical Day
3. The Day Before He Saved Me