Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Cup Nazis

My family and I happen to like McDonald's. Well, I do up to a certain point. One, they are somewhat cheaper than most of the other fast food joints, and two, they have the best french fries.

We eat at our local Mickey D's often enough, I hate to admit, that at least two of the employees recognize us when we go in. On average, about once a week.

Always, we order our food, fill our drink cups, and by then, they normally have our order ready.

But, oh, no, not today.

Today, we ran into the Cup Nazis.

As soon as we paid for our order, i asked for our cups. The cashier said, "I can't give you your cups until your food comes."

Say what?!?!?!

The guy behind me in line said, "Wow, they sure are enforcing that new cup rule."

So, I asked the cashier, "Why the cup rule?"

Answer: "Too many people would get their drinks and not come back for their food, or grab the wrong tray."

Cup Nazis.

So, we waited for our cups as we waited for our food. And as we filled our cups, our french fries got cold.

Just hand me my stupid cup, please.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Funny what irritates some people...:o)

soccermom

Anonymous said...

Boy, that would SURE irritate me!!

Leah said...

John - a sign from heaven that McDonalds french fries are unhealthy and should not be consumed!!!!!! I mean really - if you want to eat fries, got get Chick-fil-a's!!!!!!!! However, that's pretty stupid on their part!

Jonathan Walden said...

Then they need to give it to you filled the first time!

Angie D said...

McDonalds--blech! (scraping off tongue...)