Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sometimes the Craziest Ideas Pop into My Brain

I have ADHD, or at least Monica says so. I choose to enjoy it, rather than fight it.

Sometimes, the craziest things pop into my brain, and sometimes come out my mouth.

Last Friday, I was on the phone with a guy from North Carolina. I was ordering a bus part for a friend of mine. The fellow on the other end of the line was having a bit of a time looking up the part I needed. In the process of trying to find it, he said to me, "Bear with me a moment."

I ALMOST said, "I prefer to keep my clothes on, thank you very much."

But, at the last nanosecond, something kept that from coming out my mouth.


My former pastor always said the same thing right before he dismissed in prayer. "Does anyone have anything on your heart."

I have always wanted to stand and say, "I have heartburn really bad!"

But my wife won't let me.


Care to share any of yours?

5 comments:

Brandon Miller said...

LOL that is too funny John.

Jody J said...

What about when the gas station attendant asks, "Did you have gas?"
:)

Jody J said...

Did you hear about the time someone at a fast food restaurant told Paul Gray, "Sorry for your wait"? Paul asked to speak with a manager. He told the manager "I'm trying to lose weight!" You'll have to use that sometime. I'm sure Monica would be thrilled.

Leah said...

John, for some reason I am more surprised that you haven't actually done something like that!

Anonymous said...

Why do they have an extra-large, an extra-small, but no extra-medium?