Monday, November 10, 2008

Some thoughts...

Since the election did not turn out the way I'd hoped, here are some random thoughts:

For me personally, I am not one that is "running for the hills." I was given a peace about this election 2 weeks before it happened. That peace came with a pretty good idea that Obama would be elected. I was hoping against all hope that he would be defeated, but did not believe it to be so.

The emotions that I have felt have been ones of disgust with my fellow Americans that they would be so easily duped. Good grief.

Also, I lost a little bit of my faith in my country. That is not a feeling that I am comfortable with. Now, by this I am talking about my belief that most of my fellow countrymen are reasonable, thinking humans. Not some herd that votes for an empty suit. That idea took a huge hit in this election.

Yes, God is still in control. He has a plan. I was just hoping that this was not the time for that plan.

I do not plan to set back and be silent. I do not plan to let the left destroy our country if I can do anything about it. With that in mind, you will possibly be hearing more about what I hope to be involved in within the coming months. All I will say at this point is, just wait for 2010! (No, I do not plan to run for public office!)

1 comment:

urhis said...

I believe to many Americans voted from their wallets instead of their hearts and brains, sadly. This is a decision they may come to regret sooner rather than later.